In our previous two posts, we’ve bounced around a little bit, describing various products and what each has to offer restaurants in a fairly general sense. We’ve discussed the fact that more and more people are using mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, to do their internet browsing. In fact, IDC (International Data Corporation) predicts that some 87 percent of connected devices sales by 2017 will be through tablets and smartphones.
Restaurant owners need to be able to adapt to these changes and present a modern, sleek, and intuitive user interface. Whether folks browse your mobile site, regular desktop site, or utilize your mobile ordering app, we at Online Orders Now can provide you with the advanced food ordering system that can make a tangible difference in ROI.
In today’s post, we’ll be taking the time to highlight the range of features our restaurant ordering software provides. The features are many and they are specific in nature, so we recommend you buckle up and pay attention, because we at Online Orders Now are in the business of providing practical value for our clients. Here’s how:
Our Restaurant Ordering System Features
OON offers a host of standard features based on the needs of our clients.
- Discounts, Combos, Special Offers & Packages – With regards to discounts, you can customize each discount to be a percentage or dollar amount off of a given order. This feature can be coded, it can require a minimum purchase amount to be valid, or it can be restricted by certain dates and times of the day. If you want to do a BOGO offer, a combo offer, or restrict your special to a take-out-only offer, we can handle all of that and more!
- Automated Up-selling Suggestions – We really like this one, and we think you will too. Having an effective up-selling strategy can increase your ticket sales by an average of 40 percent. And although this service is automated, it’s up to you to determine which menu items are suggested based on the customer’s existent choices.
- “My Way” 30 Second Ordering – This feature makes sure that every item ordered is saved based on how the customer selected it. This means that if a customer were to return to that menu item, they could choose to add it to their card or edit it if they so desired.
- Reduced Credit Card Fees – We take advantage of the advantageous services offered by our merchant payment partners to reduce costs on ecommerce gateway fees. Because Online Orders Now is completely certified and back by multiple Authorized Merchant Service Providers (Mercury Payment Systems, Aldelo EDC, Sterling Payment, and others), we are happy to be able to save our clients money by being a virtually-comprehensive provider.
- Geo-coded Delivery – Geo-coded delivery essentially means that you can clearly designate your delivery boundaries. Our restaurant ordering system will automatically filter customers to the right store location, so if you are in need of a multi-restaurant online order system, this is a handy feature to employ.
- 30 Percent Larger Tickets – Really — Customers order 30 percent more online than over the phone or while ordering at a counter. Why? They are more comfortable, and as such they can take their time, not feel rushed by the people standing in line behind them, and therefore are statistically likely to order more food. Because our mobile ordering system is designed for ease-of-use, you are assured of bigger tickets when you switch to an advanced mobile ordering app like our own.
- Marketing Information – We are able to collect customer information since name, address, and zip code are required. You can have access to this information in the admin back end. Or, to skip that navigational step, you can email us at CS@onlineordersnow.com, and we’ll email that information to you in an Excel document. On top of that, if you have an integrated menu, customer data will be sent to your point-of-sale system with each order!
- Administration Back End – If, for whatever reason, you need to disable online ordering for a period of time, you can do so from anywhere and at any time. We also offer this service, a full-featured administrative web interface, for managers and owners who want to make changes related to delivery times, dish descriptions, pricing, restaurant information, and more. We set you up for success with intuitive defaulted settings here at Online Orders Now, but if you prefer a more hands-on approach, we are happy to meet those needs as well.
- No Failed Orders – Online orders will include text, email, and fax notifications so that you do not have to worry about the possibility of missing an order in the (hopefully) rare event that your internet or POS shuts down.
- Tips Allowed – Customers will be able to tip on the menu. Keep in mind our defaulted setting is 15 percent on all online orders, but customers are able to change this to pay any amount before finalizing the transaction.
- Advanced Ordering – Customers are able to choose when they want their food while still placing an order at any time. Customers can specify if they want the order now or later on, which means your patrons can plan ahead and your kitchen won’t get confused about which orders to make and when.
- Pay Later – We offer this feature so that restaurant owners can put a dollar cap on the amount a single order can be paid for by cash. If a given customer goes over that limit, they’ll only be able to pay with credit card. Restaurants need to protect themselves when they are able to, and here is a way you can do exactly that!
- Coupons And Discounts Security – We make sure that no double discounts occur, meaning a coupon cannot be used with other coupons or discounts unless you want them to.
- Your Branded Online & Mobile Menu – We make sure that we capture the look and feel of the rest of your website on your menu. This feature is vital to the total purchase amount because an enticing menu can mean the difference between a meager order and one with ample add-ons.
- Order Accuracy – Online Orders Now is built into your restaurant’s database. This means you assured of the highest level of order fidelity possible. That fact, coupled with the reality that it’s the customers themselves placing the orders, have the net effect of order accuracy, which means satisfied customers who get what they want.
Schedule Your Personal Demo And Walkthrough
Now that you’ve acquainted yourself with the laundry-list of benefits our restaurant ordering system affords our clients, we would love the chance to hear from you personally. We are confident that our online ordering system will play an active role in streamlining your processes while increasing ROI. Reach out to us today!